Each month we get a challenge and a theme and have to make icons, 1-3 from each episode that reflects theme. This month it's essentially reflecting back on what made us into/love these shows/movies/comic books that we want to re-watch/re-read.
If this seems like something you want to do it seems claims are still open so feel free to give it a shot. It's definitely fun and I'm loving it, though I am starting to want to re-watch some other shows and start watching shows that I've never watched before due to seeing all these other amazing icons.
COMMENT. CREDIT. ♥
|1x01 - PILOT PART 1|
|opening shot||character you love to hate||scenery|
|1x02 - PILOT PART 2|
|backstory||scenery||what kept you hooked|
|1x03 - TABULA RASA|
[explanation of prompts for Lost icons…]
EPISODE 1 - PILOT PART 1
- opening shot - You watch the first episode of the series and it's a black title screen, a jump cut and Jack's eye. I'll always remember the first episode because the first 10 minutes or so is Jack running around being the hero. (Also, I love that there's a plane, Lost, texture for part B. Didn't have to look for one.)
- a character you love to hate - When I first watched this show there were two characters that I didn't like too much (Shannon and Sawyer) - a couple of episodes in I really liked the backstory of Sawyer but at the same time I thought he was an asshole (to put it nicely).
- scenery - While the island on Lost might not be one I'd like to be stranded on, I mean really? Polar bears, hatches, a button you have to press every 108 minutes (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42), etc. It is pretty though, even when the weather gets all end of the world type.
EPISODE 2 - PILOT PART 2
- backstory - At first we see this as something that Sawyer is reading, but later on in the season we learn the backstory of the letter and of him - at least a peek into his backstory.
- scenery - Seriously, they're on a gorgeous island.
- what kept you hooked - Sawyer
EPISODE 3 - TABULA RASA
- backstory - I feel like I might be
- innocence - For a long time I always thought that Michael, Walt and Vincent were very innocent and they should definitely get off the island - especially Walt and Vincent.
- innocence 2 - Claire has always been someone that I liked a lot because of her innocence, carefree attitude and how she handled because stranded on an island. Seriously, if I went through what she went through I'd be having a fit.
|1x01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth|
|1x02 - The Harvest|
|a character you connected to||memorable quote||season arc|
|1x03 - The Witch|
|memorable quote||foreshadowing||a character you miss|
|1x04 - Teacher's Pet|
|a character you connected to||setting||otp|
Generated by Malionette's Icon Table Generator
[an explanation of the prompts for btvs]
EPISODE 1 - WELCOME TO THE HELLMOUTH
- opening shot - While this may not be the opening shot of the show/season/episode it is one that has stuck with me through the years. It keeps with the theme of the show, a seemingly helpless, innocent girl (Darla is anything but) with a guy that seems dangerous.
- setting - One of the main settings for the season (and a good part of the show) - the library. You know, where the books live. Giles, Buffy and the rest of the Scooby gang come here to gather supplies, intel and occasionally fight off big bads.
- introduction - The first time we see Angel and he gets his jumped by Buffy.
EPISODE 2 - THE HARVEST
- a character you connected to - As a teenager, and some times even now, I can connect to Buffy. Yes, she's the chose one, the vampire slayer and all that but at the same time she was a high school student who just tried to get by. My teenage years sucked and it was nice to see a character, who was a girl, who wasn't all "help, save me" - she kicked ass, looked good doing it and you know, saved the world a lot.
- memorable quote - "One girl in all the world, a Chosen One." A very memorable by one Mr. Rupert Giles.
- season arc - Season 1, the big bad for this season being The Master. When I first watched this show and saw The Master I was a bit freaked but now re-watching episodes I'm not freaked, I find him a bit amusing actually.
EPISODE 3 - THE WITCH
- memorable quote - "You don't like the color?" Poor Buffy, all she wants to be is a cheerleader and Giles is saying she's joining a cult.
- foreshadowing - Amy
- a character you miss - No mater how many times I watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer I'll always miss Joyce Summers. There were moments that I was annoyed at her but she didn't know her daughter was the Slayer so all is well.
EPISODE 4 - TEACHER'S PET
- a character you connected to - While I don't connect with Xander exactly in this scene I did connect with him in the show. He was that person who didn't have an super powers, he wasn't the Slayer, a witch, a watcher, werewolf, vampire, etc. he was just a human who was a part of a group who did amazing things. I sort of feel that way, and I think a lot of people do as well, my friends are doing all these amazing things while I feel sort of left behind. I'm reminded of the episode from, I think, season 3 The Zeppo and a quote from the last season which he says to Dawn, "They'll never know how tough it it, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary."
- setting - Poor Xander, stuck with the bug teacher while Buffy and Willow get to do some investigating in the library.
- otp - While, I'll be honest, I'm not a Bangel fan (Spuffy girl here) I'll admit first few seasons of watching BtVS I did want Buffy and Angel to be together forever.